I love it that our paths have crossed. I’m Gabriella – wellbeing educator, blogger, and author.
The areas that particularly interest me are motherhood, happiness, and everything connected to wellbeing. I’m passionate about empowering mothers and helping them have a positive experience of motherhood – because if mum is well and happy, that’s the best thing she could give to her children.
It was when my son was born that I realised what a powerful position that of a mother is: an opportunity to shape the life of a human being. All mothers want the best for their children. They want them to live well and have a good life – which means they have to teach them all those things kids will never learn in school. Life skills, wellbeing, happiness. But parents can only teach their children these skills if they themselves know them.
You might wonder why “shine like a pearl”, why pearls? Pearls are precious and incredibly valuable. So is your life. Pearls come in different shapes, sizes and colours, and they need a lot of time to develop – just like babies do. But did you also know that pearls are born as a result of self-nurturing? It all starts with some kind of irritation or dirt that gets stuck in the shell, such as a grain of sand, which the sea animal then keeps nourishing until the pearl is formed. This is why pearls are considered to be gems of nurturing and nourishment – qualities deeply symbolic of motherhood. Inside the shell a pure transformation happens, which reminds us that sometimes in life we meet difficulties and adversity, not unlike the challenges of parenthood, but if we accept them we will become stronger and wiser; a more refined version of ourselves. Pearls are a symbol of wisdom acquired through experience; which is exactly what our journey through life is about.
If you are interested in wellbeing, motherhood, happiness, and everything needed to enjoy life more, then this website is for you.
I was born in Hungary, and traveled extensively through my studies and work. Wellbeing is my profession and my passion. I’ve lived in five countries and graduated from two universities; and my appetite for life is just as big as my appetite for learning.
I’m always happy to hear from you; so feel free to get in touch.
P.S. Would you like to know more about me? Here are seven interesting facts:
- I have lived in five countries so far: Hungary, United States, Cyprus, United Kingdom, and Austria.
- My friends used to call me the “Party Goddess” back in the days; and no matter how many years go by I still love dancing!
- I have a Masters in English Literature and Linguistics, and a Masters in Food and Wellbeing.
- I love wine, went to a wine school, and worked as a sommelier in the only 5 star hotel on the south coast of England.
- I feel incomplete without having long, blonde hair.
- The first time I’ve been on an airplane was to go and study in America in high school. I was one of the few students to win a Soros Foundation scholarship from the post-communist block to gain exposure to the Western world.
- I have always been a book nerd. I read before I started school and in first grade while the other children were playing I was reading at my desk. I always said I would start writing after I hit 40 – but I changed my mind and started a few years earlier 🙂